Saturday, December 25, 2010

9:16 AM - 1 comment

It's the THOUGHT That Counts!

I’ve always heard that, regardless of the gift, it’s the thought that counts. I try to live by that… although after opening my gifts, OWN (‘Ol Weird Nancy) wonders where my thoughts originate.

Now let me say right off, I believe in “practical” gifts. There is a difference in “want” and “need.” And I seldom give her anything she wants. But I can ALWAYS find stuff I think she NEEDS.

Thankfully, Wally*Mart was still open at 11:45pm Christmas Eve when I decided I should probably get my gift shopping out of the way. And luckily, at that late hour, all the traditional gifts that other people “want” are gone. That makes it very easy for me to find stuff that OWN (‘Ol Weird Nancy) “needs.”

I always start out at the Clearance Rack. Trust me, you can’t go wrong at the Wally*World Clearance Rack because, as you know, a clearance rack is stuff that is too big to fit anyone or is stuff other folks don’t want. And if you have ever seen the size of people that shop in Wally*World and the stuff they wear, you can just imagine the bargains I can find on this one rack.

First off, I thought the Snuggy with one arm was a practical gift. She can keep one hand warm while the other holds the TV remote. And they had it marked down as defective. HA! How little they know.

And the mismatched, three-toed socks were a bargain as well. I’ll just tell her to use them like toe mittens. And who cares that they don’t match? Most folks don’t see your socks anyway.

Next, as I wandered aimlessly around the store, I stumbled on another VERY practical gift. OWN (‘Ol Weird Nancy) can ALWAYS use a one year supply of Beano. Trust me. And it was marked down because it was out of date. Still worth a shot.

And as I was returning home with my treasures, I remembered That Shirley’s Filling Station and Day Spa was having a special. So I stopped in and bought on a gift certificate for a lip wax and mole removal. And as a bonus, the moles are buy one removal, get one free. I’m sure OWN (‘Ol Weird Nancy) will have to make a few trips for that, though.

So… Christmas morning was as pleasant as always at our house. OWN (‘Ol Weird Nancy) always gets choked up and cries when she is opening my gifts. It always does my heart good to know she is so appreciative of my practical shopping.

Merry Christmas!!

And that’s MY take!

1 comments:

I am suprised you are still married or even alive after a Christmas like that. Sure glad I ain't on your gift giving list. LOL

Post a Comment