Saturday, July 3, 2010

7:56 AM - No comments

Is It ME??

It appears I keep coming across things that I find funny… but no one else does. Maybe my sense of humor has gone off the deep end. Or maybe it’s always BEEN off the deep end and other folks were just being nice and humoring me. But now I’m beginning to wonder if it’s just me.

I stopped by our local “last chance” country grocery a few days ago. You know the ones… bread is $8.00 a loaf… milk is $7.49 a gallon… gas is $12.50… but if you don’t get it there you have to drive all the way into town to Wally*Mart. So anyway… I had stopped in for something overpriced and saw they had a new item advertised… Fishing Bait. And it was stored in the food cooler next to the eggs and butter. Now I found this humorous. I realize I live in Hickville, but even this appeared a little hick-ish… (or hick-ee?)… no, hick-ish… to me.

After I mentioned it on my “outlet page”… also known as FaceBook… folks asked me what was strange about that? Most places stored their bait with the food. So I guess it WAS me. But even our local Hickville Wally*Mart keeps the bait (crickets and worms) in the sporting goods area.

And then just recently while scanning the national news, I came across the story about SouthWest Airlines removing a shipment of human heads because they were labled incorrectly. Now granted… I don’t fly or ship things on SouthWest very often. And I SURE don’t ship human heads on a regular basis… but just how do you label them CORRECTLY?? Did the little Pygmy Headhunter guy that checked them in get fined? Enquiring minds want to know. At least MINE does. But again… not too much got stirred up over it.

I like to stir things up. I travel with a big spoon just for that purpose. It’s a hoot to post something just to see what other folk’s spin on it is. Or maybe I’m just losing my touch. Things I find funny are too off the deep end.

Every now and then I come across something I find humorous, but that after thinking about it, makes me sad. Case in point:

Police in western New York said two Canadian men attended a church festival and wound up in the woods drunk, naked and covered in mud. State police said troopers found a 22-year-old man from Hamilton, Ontario sitting along a road in the town of Lewiston, just outside Niagara Falls, around 5:45 a.m. Sunday.

Troopers said he was caked in mud. After questioning him, troopers found a 23-year-old man from Hamilton covered in mud and passed out in a ditch nearby.
Police said both men were highly intoxicated. (Ya THINK)??

Troopers say the men had attended the St. John de LaSalle Carnival on Saturday and afterward decided to make it a "Woodstock event" by dancing naked in the woods. Both men were taken to a local hospital where they were treated and released.

Now on first glance, I found this extremely funny. Had it been me that they found naked in the woods with another guy… I would of just asked that they shoot me right there. But that’s just me.

But after reading it a few times… something just bothered me. It took me a few times of reading and re-reading it before it finally dawned on me. It wasn’t so much that they found two naked men together covered in mud in the woods. It finally hit me that MY church’s festivals are never that wild. Oh the burdens we Baptists bear…

And that’s MY take.

0 comments:

Post a Comment