Thursday, April 22, 2010

6:11 AM - 2 comments

Just a Loving and Caring Spouse

So I was sitting in the house a while back when I remembered I had a chore I needed to complete. I lose sleep at night if I forget to do my chores, so I wanted to make sure this one got done so I could get a peaceful night’s sleep.

So anyway, I got up, grabbed my keys, and headed for the door. OWN’s (‘Ol Weird Nancy’s) ears perked up at the jingle of the keys.

“Where you headed?” she asked.

“I just have to run out for a minute.” I replied.

“Can I come?” she asked.

“OK.” was my response.

“Will you wait for me to get ready?” she asked.

“OK.” Was my response.

So I sat back down while she went to get ready. Now I know many of you think I have a streak of evil that runs through me. But this incident should just prove to you that I am a loving a caring spouse. I could easily have just told her no, I would be right back. But I didn’t do that. I sat down and waited for her to get ready so she could go with me.

After a while, she came back and said she was ready. So off we went.

We went out, got in the car, and I backed it into the garage.

I suddenly felt a very cold chill in the car as she icily replied “You’re really proud of yourself, aren’t you?”

WHA…??? She never asked WHERE I was going. Only could she go. I said sure and waited.

She still fails to see the humor in this even now… nearly 25 years later. I, on the other hand, think it’s hilarious.

And that’s MY take.

2 comments:

Oh, you just couldn't wait to see her reaction when you pulled into that garage, could you?? A lesson was learned that night!

My husband pulled something similar about 30 years ago and I still remember to this day...

He went to the store and came back all excited. Hey I brought you something, I 'm all happy and expectant, he hands me a beer. I don't drink. Ha Ha funny, funny. And I stilled married the jerk. LOL

Post a Comment